Tuesday 18 February 2014

Vintage Magazine Overload!

In late 2011, I became a HUGE fan of "The Brady Bunch" and in the same week I came across Ebay, And my first purchase was no other than a "Brady Bunch" Collectable, Then my obsession began. I started to buy loads and loads of vintage items, collectibles and whatever else I thought was cool. And just finding out about Ebay was the exact week of my birthday, so you should be able to guess where all my birthday money went... yep, Straight to Ebay!

As I started to collect more and more things, I then came across Vintage Magazines, and automatically fell in love. They just looked so.... Vintage! The first one I ever bought was featuring Maureen McCormick and Eve Plumb. When it arrived, It was so interesting to look through, and so cool too read! I then, started buying more.. and more.. and more! And that's how I ended up with all of these!
Featuring Celebs, from the 70's, 80's & 90's
I began collecting the ones from the 70s, Because it was featuring some of my favorite Actors like
Scott Baio (who I adored), Maureen McCormick and the rest of the Bradys, Willie Aames and so much more.Than came my obsession with the 80s, I then had to get every 80's Magazine possible, well obviously not everyone because they are quiet expensive. For their age, I can understand they sell for abit more then they did back in the day, but a vintage magazine on Ebay usually sell for about $20.00 which is really expensive, and being from Australia, the shipping is $20.00 as well. But I was lucky enough to buy most of this in bulk, which saved me awhole lot of money! I then bought an Old vintage photobook which came with some 90's teen beat magazines as an extra, I mostly liked those for the NKOTB articles.
.

And that my friends, is how I ended up with all these Teen Magazines from the 70's, 80's & 90's (Mostly 80's) But I will be selling the 70's & 90's ones soon and I'm sad to part with them, but it's good for me to let someone else enjoy them and love them as much as I did!




No comments:

Post a Comment